Automatic clinical text de-identification
CliniDeID® automatically de-identifies clinical notes and structured data according to the HIPAA Safe Harbor method. It accurately finds identifiers and tags or replaces them with realistic surrogates for better anonymity. It improves access to richer, more detailed, and more accurate clinical data for clinical researchers. It eases research data sharing, and helps healthcare organizations protect patient data confidentiality.
Concerned about exposing patients to privacy breaches?
About HIPAA violations?
Trying to share clinical data for research?
- Increase patient trust through the ethical protection of confidentiality.
- Magnify the impact of clinical data for research by providing the ability to reuse data without patient informed consent.
- Greatly reduce financial risks by avoiding fines and other penalties that could otherwise arise from a leak of patient data.
- Save money by reducing the cost and increasing the efficiency of clinical data de-identification.
- Expand and scale existing research opportunities by providing richer, more detailed clinical data.
- Uncover and facilitate new research opportunities through shareable, de-identified clinical data as well as provide larger, NIH-sponsored research with required data sharing capabilities.
- “Future-proof” clinical data for unforeseen research opportunities by allowing records to be accurately linked even after de-identification.
|Structured data de-identification|
|Identifiers (PII) replaced with tags or hidden|
|Identifiers (PII) resynthesis|
|Secure record linking (after de-identification)|
|Third party-verified HIPAA compliance|
|Cost (per units of 5000 characters)||$0||$0.05||$0.07|
IntegratedCliniDeID integrates at multiple levels, with file systems and databases, locally or in the cloud. A secure API enables further integration with software applications.
Highly accurateIdentifiers (PII) are detected by CliniDeID with very high accuracy. Sensitivity (recall) is consistently higher than human experts and highest among all text de-identification systems evaluated.1
Always improvingThe algorithms and resources used by CliniDeID are regularly improved with feed-back, routinely improving the accuracy of the system and adapting to format and content changes.
Request a demo of CliniDeID
Ready to see how we securely de-identify clinical text? Complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you as soon as possible to schedule a demo.